Society and Ethics Research films find new festival-going audiences
15th November 2016
Excerpt from article:
Shorts films from the ‘Socialising the Genome’ and ‘Your DNA, Your Say’ projects, produced by Wellcome Genome Campus Society and Ethics Research, are being shown in festivals in Europe and the USA:
- RAW Science Film Festival 2016 (USA) – Socialising the Genome is now a finalist in consideration for an award!
- Awareness Festival 2016 (Los Angeles, USA)
- Viten Film Festival 2016 (Norway)
- New Filmmakers New York 2017
- International Filmmaker Festival of World Cinema 2017
‘Socialising the Genome’ and ‘Your DNA, Your Say’ are two ambitious projects using short films as their primary medium to inspire people across the world to engage with the perhaps intimidating science of genomics. They aim to help spark discussion and thought about the implications and knock-on issues of being able to access such personal information as one’s genetic make-up, as well as understand people’s needs when it comes to digesting and understanding this unfamiliar subject.